Job Vacancy: Quantity Surveyor
CGS Contractors and Celtic Turf are a secure and growing company and have reached the point of requiring a Quantity Surveyor to join our team.
This position would suit an ambitious QS looking to further their career in traditional and progressive aspects, to take on a unique and interesting workload and to be involved in all aspects of Quantity Surveying from customer liaison, cost planning and pre-contract documentation to final accounts. We require a QS to produce quotations for both private and commercial customers in a wide field of services that we offer, to closely monitor the progression and variation in works. To produce job packs and brief the Project Management Team and Operational Staff prior and during the works to ensure the projects are carried out to the agreed specifications. To liaise with customers during the works to capture any additional works or variants.
The main services we offer are, but not limited to:
- Hard Landscaping
- Soft Landscaping
- Utility Works
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Works
Main Key Responsibilities:
- Quantity Surveying and assist with Project Management;
- Production of Bills of Quantity/Activity Schedules;
- Management of competitive tender exercises;
- Contract negotiation and drafting;
- Management and coordination of design production;
- Management and coordination of client’s consultant teams;
- Management of client variation records and supervision of variation process;
- Dispute Resolution.
The ideal candidate for the Quantity Surveyor role would;
- Have a relevant Degree;
- Have previous experience in Hard and Soft Landscaping, Groundworks, Utilities, Civil Engineering with both Private and Commercial Customers;
- Have a desire to continuously progress and develop professionally to reach their potential;
- Have a passion for people and processes;
- Be able to deal in small daily matters, as well as larger aims and setting goals;
- Adopt a systematic and organised approach to work;
- Be proficient in Excel to build financial projections, charts and reports in a timely fashion.
We want to ensure this opportunity is given to the right candidate who can mold into the company and join us on our journey. This role is being offered on a part time or full time basis for the right candidate.
In view of this we will consider a couple of candidate profiles for this role;
- A Newly graduated Quantity Surveyor looking to progress and gain an extensive knowledge. Our Project Manager will provide the necessary training in the various fields.
- An experienced Quantity Surveyor who can bring their knowledge and expertise to the company.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Throughout Cornwall & Devon
Hours: Full time or Part Time
Salary: Dependant on Experience
Holiday:20 Days Holiday Per Year Plus 8 Bank Holidays
Start Date: ASAP
Download our application form here in either pdf or Word format. Once completed, feel free to either send it to us via email or by post. Please note that we will not accept applications with missing information.
New Vacancy Email Alerts:
Enter your email address below to be the first to hear about new vacancies when they become available.